Your Cricut Explore machine can write, cut, or score, and telling it which one you want to do is easy! There are just a few steps to the process:
- Change your image or text line type to "Write."
- Use the Attach tool to fasten your image or text to a cut layer.
Selecting Line Type
You can change Line type from the Layers panel by accessing the Layer Attributes panel.
- Insert your images or text onto the design screen.
- When using Design Space on a computer, click the line type icon or layer thumbnail in the Layers panel to open the Layer Attributes panel. The current line type will be highlighted. When using the iOS app, tap on Layers at the bottom of the screen; you will see the line type displayed next to your item in the Layers panel that opens. Then tap the arrow in next to your image to access the Layer Attributes panel. The current line type will be highlighted.
The line type of each layer must be changed separately.
Click or tap the icon or tab that represents the desired line type. The image line type on the design screen will change to reflect changes in the Layers panel. When you are done with your selections, click outside the Layer Attributes panel to close it. In the iOS app, tap the Layers button at the bottom of the screen to close the Layers panel.
To use a font with single strokes, which most closely resembles handwriting, select "Has a Writing Style" from the Font Filters menu. The Font Type menu will then refresh and show you only those fonts that have been specially designed with single strokes for writing with a pen. When a font that has a writing style is selected, your text on the screen will change to show the letters as single strokes. Fonts that have a writing style automatically select "Write" as the line type; there is no need to manually change this in the Layer Attributes panel.
If using the iOS app, after you have added text to your design screen tap the Edit button at the bottom of the screen, then find a font with that has a writing style. Once you have selected that font, tap the Style menu and select "Writing" to change your text to single strokes.
If there are multiple layers to your project and the line type is set to write or score, the image will need to be attached to another layer by selecting both layers and clicking the Attach button in the Layers panel.
Attaching to fasten a write line to a cut layer
- Design your image as desired.
If you will be attaching a write or score line to a multi-layered image, ungroup the multi-layered image first to avoid attaching all the layers together. Text containing a write layer does not need to be ungrouped before attaching.
- Select the draw, write, or score line and the layer you would like it placed on.
- Once images have been selected, click “Attach” on the Layers panel. Your text will be converted to an image and the text or your score line will be placed on the layer it has been attached to.
- You will know that your images are attached because they will appear as an Attached Set on the layers panel. Click “Go” to begin the cutting process.
- The images will appear on the Mat preview screen exactly as you have them arranged on your project.